Who we are
We are the National Federation of Shopmobility (NFSUK) and we administer the National Mobility Registration Service. Below you will find a summary of the information we collect to carry out our business and provide our services and how it is used.
You have the right to request a copy of the personal information the NFSUK holds about you and to have any inaccuracies corrected. You also have the right to request that your information is deleted; or that we stop using your personal information for certain purposes. If we are unable to comply with your request we will tell you and explain why. We will aim to respond to you within one month and will not charge a fee for your request (but reserve the right to do so if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive).
Please address requests to the Director of Governance & Policy, British Healthcare Trades Association, Suite 4.6, The Loom, 14 Gowers Walk, London E1 8PY.
Information we collect and what we do with it
Our website www.nmruk.org collects some generic information automatically; this is statistical information only. The data gathered lets us know when and how much traffic a web page gets. Internet IP addresses are also logged for security purposes.
This information does not include visitor identities or any personal data, and we will never combine this generic information with any personal information.
Members of the public
• We may log calls and emails to enable us to monitor the performance of companies and to build up a bank of frequently asked questions. We may ask for your name, telephone number and/or email address to enable appropriate follow up. We will not process this information for any other purpose.
• If you request a copy of our directory we will only use your name and address/email address for the purpose of sending them to you and we will also hold your data for 12 months to enable us to let you know when the new issue is produced.
We will only share your personal information with third parties where you give prior permission or where we need to do so to comply with a legal obligation.
Members of the public who register with us
If you sign up to register your scooter on the NMRUK website we will collect and store the information you provide. This includes:
• Detailed scooter description
• Your personal details in order to contact you with regard to your registration, name, address, telephone, and email.
• Details of a next of kin in case we can’t get hold of you in relation to your registration. Please note by entering details of a next of kin you are agreeing you have sought permission to give us that information.
By registering you agree to us storing this information and passing this information to the police should it be required.
We store this information in order to aid you and the police should your scooter go missing.
It is stored and backed up in digital form ONLY. Access is restricted to NFSUK staff that administer the register and is kept in a password-protected area of the website.
Security and storage of your personal information
Published: May 2018